Elte's family legacy began 90 years ago when Leon Tenenbaum opened the original Establishments Elte in Paris. His initials LT formed the root of the firm's name. During World War II, Leon and his family fled soon to be occupied France and moved to Canada where they made their new home. In 1944, Elte and Sons launched on Toronto's Bay Street and has since earned a reputation as Canada's leading importer of fine quality rugs. In 1953, Elte moved to Wellington Street now the TD Centre. In 1964, to Kendal Avenue just south of Casa Loma, and in 1978 to Eastern Avenue just north of the Distillery District, led by the successive leadership of Leon, his son Andre and son-in-law Fred Metrick who married Leon's daughter Cecile in 1953. Now in its fourth generation, Elte stands proudly at the corner of Castlefield and Ronald and is led by Ken, the founder's grandson. Elte's spectacular showroom is one of North America's largest retail establishments with over 200,000 square feet of space, housed in two buildings. Since 1944, Elte has grown to become one of the world's finest home furnishing suppliers, adding Furniture, Linens, Lighting, Rugs and Broadloom to their collection, as well as stand-alone store, Ginger's, and has been honored as Retailer of the Year in both Canada and the United States. Leon was passionate about bringing customers the best products from around the world and we continue to follow his tradition 90 years later, procuring the very best in home furnishings for our customers.