Consumer Review Guidelines - EiEi Home
EiEi Home would be pleased to receive an original review from you. EiEi Home wants your opinions to be heard. We want homeowners to get the information they need to make smart, informed choices. You can help us do that!
In order to provide consumers with information about services received from contractors or product purchased from suppliers, EiEi Home allows consumers and users of this website to post reviews and opinions to this website. The reviews posted on the EiEi Home website are individual opinions and are, by their nature, highly subjective and should be treated as such. EiEi Home allows reviews to be posted as a service to users of this website, subscribers and the community consequently; EiEi Home neither endorses the reviews posted by homeowners nor companies’ corresponding responses. EiEi Home reserves the right to delete a review or company response for any reason including inappropriate language content or tone.
In order to post a review, on this website, EiEi Home requires:
- a valid email address
- zip or postal code
- neighbourhood residence
- online name
While EiEi Home can in its sole discretion remove any review or response, the following are useful guidelines when you write and submit reviews or responses:
- Reviews must be at least 70 words in length.
- Reviews must have substance, provide specifics and cannot be general declarations, such as "They are awesome", "They arrived on time, did the work, were clean and left."
- Reviews must relate to a household repair, improvement, purchase or construction undertaking completed by a written or verbal contract. Note: Proof of purchase may be required to verify suspicious reviews."
- Reviews must be family-friendly, "rated G". EiEi Home reserves the right to remove any defamatory or insulting language, profanity, threats, prejudicial comments, hate speech, or other objectionable content.
- Reviews must be unique and accurate. You cannot post more than one review per job. You can only write reviews if you had the work/job done. You cannot write reviews on behalf of friends or neighbours.
- Reviews must be original. Do not use reviews already published about a contractor in another forum or website even if you originated the review. EiEi Home does not accept and will not post reviews that have been previously submitted and posted on third party review websites. Please do not submit a review if it has previously been submitted to a third party review site.
- Reviews must not be defamatory. You cannot make reference to a company’s competitor's name, even if you wish to compare them.
- Reviews must be legal. Any review that is illegal or infringing will be removed by EiEiHome within 72 hours after EiEiHome has been notified by an interested party.
- Reviews are written by consumers. Reviews cannot be written or posted by a contractor, a company owner, management, their past or current employees, family members, suppliers or anyone associated or related to the contractor.
- Reviews cannot be prepared by a contractor and given to a homeowner for posting. Reviews cannot be written by someone paid to write the review or who receives any benefit.
- Reviews written by individuals under 18 will not be posted.
- Reviews must be Non-commercial
- Reviews cannot contain email addresses, HTML, promotional material, "SPAM" messages or web URLS.
- Reviews must be written in English or French
What We Will Remove
The following are some reasons a review may be removed from EiEiHome.
- A homeowner requested their own review be removed.
- A review is under investigation.
- A review is removed as being “not” from a validated client.
- A review was written by a contractor or someone related.
- A review contains a reference to another company.
- A review will be deleted after a certain amount of time has elapsed. EiEi Home may remove any posting after a period of time to ensure that comments are current. The elapsed time will vary and is solely at the discretion of EiEi Home.
Who owns a review and what that means?
- Reviews can remain on the EiEi Home Site after a user has deleted their account.
- We will respect your wishes and remove a Review is you specifically request that your reviews be removed.
- You may not copy and post a Review on any other site once it has first been posted on the EiEi Home website.
Response to Reviews