Black and white is a classic combination that works with any style of home. When done right it can look chic in any room. Although you may love big bold colors, working with a limited palette can be very refreshing. Take a look at these beautiful black and white rooms.
1. This black and white home office is open and fresh. Using white as the primary shade and using black sparingly in the photos and frames keeps the space airy. The Lucite chairs make the office feel more open because you can see right through them. Small doses of color from the red vase and the large brown picture keep the room interesting, while the zebra print rug makes it fashionable.
2. A black and white kitchen doesn't have to mean retro black and white tiled floors! This beautiful kitchen is a more subtle variation of the color scheme. Deep brown hardwood warms the space nicely, which is important in a kitchen. The curio is painted black, but is placed opposite a light wall that reflects off the mirrors. Using softer variations of white like cream or eggshell on the walls and cabinetry brings an understated elegance to the space.
3. The architectural features in this bathroom were lovely to begin with, but I think the black and white palette gives it that certain je ne sais quois. Black and white bathrooms are fairly common, but this one was done especially well. The white clapboard is a little country, while the contrast of the black molding feels very modern. Together with the dark grey tub and fluffy white towels, it all works.
4. This black and white bedroom is crisp and modern. I think a lot of people would struggle with the idea of painting the walls black, but in this case, painting just one gave the desired effect. The black accent wall draws the eye in, and provides the perfect backdrop for the clean white frames. Notice that the patterns on the curtains, chairs, pillows etc. are all different. Mixing up the patterns while keeping the same color scheme is a great way to add visual interest to a space without adding more color.
5. Similar to the home office, this room is mostly white with black details. And just like the office, it has a zebra print rug! It’s really one of the most perfect animals to feature in a black and white room. Keeping with the color scheme, the stone fireplace was painted white to match the surrounding walls. The soft airiness of the room is also emphasized by the sheer window treatments. Metallic accessories give the room a subtle hint of shine that works well with the glass and metal coffee table.
6. This dining room is stylish and dramatic. Although you can’t see from the picture, I have a feeling that the black and white tile is carried through from the kitchen and that the whole house is decorated in this elegant black and white fashion. Because the space has wide entryways to adjacent rooms, the black walls do not make the space feel claustrophobic. Instead they create depth when paired with the white crown molding. Sumptuous leather chairs give this dining room a masculine sophistication.
This article was written by Erie Construction. Follow Erie Construction on Twitter.
1. Lloyd Ralphs Design
2. Unknown, via Pinterest
3. Unknown, via Trendir
4. Pearl Street Designs
5. Unknown, via Shelter
6. Ralph Lauren Brook St.